Update post: altered models and finalised units 2


So, here I'm showing the last couple of updated models for previously completed units, something that I started a couple of posts ago. These two models, though, both go into the one unit, the Liberator unit, so there really isn't as much to talk about as in that first updated models post. 

Being the frightful perfectionist that I am, whenever I'm doing the conversion work for new minis (which is by far my favourite part) I always make more complete models or more possible conversions than I will actually end up including in the final project; this is so that I have the most options to choose from when deciding on what models to include and can, therefore, hopefully ensure that I achieve the very best outcome. Occasionally, however, this process means that I do make minis that I completely love but can't include for whatever reason, and these two Liberators were exactly that: they were conversions that used beautiful bits that I just couldn't fit in anywhere else (such as the skull-face helmet and the back-mounted sword), they ended up really nicely composed and fitted very well into the larger unit, and were, at least with the banner mini, really interesting variation models for the unit (although it is, of course, me taking creative licence since there isn't actually an option for a banner on the Liberator's Warscroll). Despite all this, I initially decided not to include them since there were no other minis I didn't like and could take out for them, and I was already at the five model limit for a Liberator Unit . . .  that is, until I realised anew that this is a personal project army and I could do whatever the hell I wanted, including having a unit of seven Liberators. 

So here they are, finished and included as they should be. I leave some individual photos of the two new Liberators, and a couple of photos of the finished seven-model unit.

-Jamie













***

Comments